Job title: Inventory Manager
Work Location: Bagotville
Department: Supply Chain
Reports to: Director Supply Chain
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Top Aces requires an Inventory Manager to handle product management and distribution and develop a comprehensive inventory plan to streamline our global business. The main responsibilities of this position include meeting inventory goals, managing tracking systems and acting as a liaison to other departments. The successful candidate delivers recommendations and plans to ensure accuracy of inventory in the warehouse and in stores. Prospective candidates with extensive inventory control experience in a warehouse and multiple operating locations setting are encouraged to apply.
- Oversees team of inventory or warehouse employees across a network of sites;
- Manages inventory tracking system to record deliveries, shipments and stock levels;
- Evaluates deliveries, shipments and product levels to improve inventory control procedures;
- Analyzes daily product and supply levels to anticipate inventory problems and shortages;
- Manages schedules of employees, deliveries and shipments to optimize operations;
- Communicates with inventory employees to meet business goals and address personnel issues;
- Develops business relationships with suppliers and clients;
- Proposes strategies to reduce costs and improve procedures of supply chain logistics;
- Monitors demand and analyzes data to anticipate future supply and logistical needs;
- Reports on inventory levels, supply chain progress, procedural efficiency and personnel issues to upper management;
- Manages the recruitment and training of new inventory employees;
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.;
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors in operations management/logistics or CPIM;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in a similar role;
- Experience working with inventory management software and forecasting strategies;
- Experience conducting tracking and data analysis;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers;
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook);
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service;
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices;
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Excellence, Service, Integrity and Together;
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values;
- Position requires Level II Clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
Top Aces supports employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.