Top Aces is changing the face of air combat training with its unparalleled safety record, outstanding team and an industry-leading 80 000 hours + of operational training flown in support of its customers worldwide. Top Aces has the experience that matters.
Top Aces is a privately owned company and the exclusive adversary air provider to the Canadian and German armed forces. We employ a growing team of 270+ highly skilled personnel based in the geographies where we serve our clients. Our more than 40 fighter pilots hail from the Canadian, German and American armed forces and 80% of them are Top Gun Fighter Weapons School graduates. We are proud and fortunate to employ many veterans who, along with the entire Top Aces team, contribute to delivering our purpose and values every day under the highest possible technical and operational airworthiness standards.
We are hiring a Director of Maintenance (m/f/d) in Wittmund (Germany)
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Director of Maintenance (DOM) manages all German Maintenance and Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) activities. Therefore he/she oversees a Team of ~25 highly specialized professionals.
Being accountable to the Senior Program Manager German Operations for coordination, planning, execution and reporting of German maintenance and ISC operations and for the assigned labour reporting to the DOM:
- Responsible for the management of the assigned labour for the German Operations;
- Responsible for yearly training plan and qualification of assigned labour reporting to the DOM to execute the program in compliance with all Civil Air Regulations and German customer contractual regulations;
- Ensure that maintenance personnel are competent regarding maintenance methods to be employed in the performance of work and have the right certificates to perform the work;
- Issue maintenance personnel, qualified to perform aircraft certification, certifying authority;
- Manage and supervise the Maintenance Process control system;
- Production Planning: Manage the manpower requirements to accomplish the scheduled and unscheduled maintenance as requested by the AOC (Fleet Management);
- Manage the facilities and equipment for compliance;
- Ensure with proper supervision that each maintenance action on non-type certified aircraft, including the embodiment of modifications or repairs, is released in accordance with acceptable data as defined;
- Monitor aircraft inspections, repair and modification processes including quality of shop and/or work performed by external agencies;
- Ensure that corrective action is carried out to rectify any deficiencies identified by the quality assurance program;
- Manage Safety and Internal audit findings assigned to the German Maintenance Department.;
- Manage Government Furnished Equipment as per the relevant customer requirements;
- Ensure compliance with contractual standards and responsibilities as they pertain to customer contracts;
- Ensure liaise with the technical and maintenance departments of the main operating base and on military and civilian airfields during deployments;
- Ensure the Top Aces Germany Maintenance and ISC organisation meets all contractual and regulatory requirements during audits;
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the assigned Budget for the German Operations.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum seven years of experience with maintenance operations;
- Managerial experience overseeing diverse teams using modern ways of leadership;
- Positive, professional attitude, identify and resolve issues proactively with minimal supervision and Good Customer Service Skills;
- Supervision of Flight Operations and Aircraft Maintenance, Financial Knowledge and Budgeting Skills;
- Experience with supervision in military maintenance operations an asset;
- Knowledge of Airworthiness processes with Transport Canada and the Bundeswehr an asset;
- Strong communicator who disseminates and obtains information with discretion professionalism and diplomacy;
- Fluent in English language in order to read, understand and interpret manuals, policies and procedures;
- Computer Literate, Microsoft and email applications;
- Valid Transport Canada AME M1 and/or M2 License an asset or show relatable competencies regarding the CAR’s requirements for the operation of an AMO and the accomplishment of aircraft maintenance, internally trained on the application of company policy and procedures, and experienced in the management of aircraft maintenance;
- Must meet, or be able to be trained to meet, the knowledge and experience requirements of CAR 573 and CAR 571.
- A unique workplace on jets formerly used by the military;
- Exciting and challenging activities in a great team in Wittmund;
- An attractive compensation package;
- The prospect of continuing to work for our armed forces after your military career is over;
- Work in an international team with colleagues worldwide;
- A permanent employment contract.
Senden Sie bitte Ihre Bewerbung an firstname.lastname@example.org