Job title: Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Work Location: Dorval, QC
Manager: Payroll and Benefits Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator is responsible for carrying out all payroll transactions (complete processing) in accordance with current policies, as well as communicating with employees and responding to their payroll and benefits related inquiries. This person is responsible for monitoring registries, changes and termination, as well as billing for group insurance and the retirement program.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to handle confidential information in an ethical and professional manner and stay current on payroll-related, legislative requirements and changes.
- Perform the full payroll cycle for our Canadian and German team;
- Verify that all data required for payroll processing has been received and work with managers to ensure timely approval of employee timesheets;
- Prepare, process and balance the payroll (complete process);
- Issue employment records;
- Respond to payroll inquiries;
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for internal and external audit purposes, in accordance with legal requirements;
- Participate in various periodic payroll analyzes;
- Attend the year-end production and issuance of T4, Relevés 1.
Benefits and HR Support:
- Administer and keep up-to-date employee files (hiring, status changes, terminations, salary changes, etc.);
- Administer group insurance and retirement program memberships;
- Carry out the administrative follow-up of the invoicing of group insurance and the CNESST;
- Create and update the files used in the UltiPro system;
- Coordinate the process of welcoming and departing employees;
- Communicate information on benefits and RRSP programs to employees and act as a resource person;
- Acts as a subject manner expert for the UltiPro system;
- Produce various reports (CNESST, Headcount, attrition, Statistics Canada, vacations, etc.).
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a payroll and benefits position;
- Hold a college diploma in administration, accounting or human resources, (combination of relevant education and / or experience will be considered);
- Certified Payroll Compliance Specialist (PCS);
- Knowledge of an HRIS system such as UltiPro, Ceridian, ADP, Workday;
- Knowledge of payroll requirements and legislative changes;
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite (Excel);
- Position requires Level II Clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage with a client-centered approach;
- Strong ability to communicate and work in a team;
- Be structured, organized and attention to detail;
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis;
- Respect for confidentiality;
- Have a sense of priorities, attention to detail and time management;
- Rigor and professional;
- Autonomous & ability to work remotely;
- Bilingualism required both orally and in writing: French and English;
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize workloads;
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Together, Service, Integrity, Excellence.
- The majority of the work will be done in an office environment within a team. At this time, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the tasks for this position will have to be performed remotely;
- Meetings and supervisory activities will be conducted over the phone or through various means of communication;
- The schedule is 40 hours of work per week, Monday to Friday.
Top Aces supports employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.