Job title: Database Administrator and Application specialist (DBA)
Work Location: Dorval
Reports to: IT Application Manager
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- DBA expertise with MySQL and MSSql with best practices to scale and optimize the data base services;
- Experience with DB performance tuning – a must;
- Expert with SQL clustered servers;
- Manage SQL in production/QA/dev environments including installation, configuration, backup, recovery, upgrades, schema changes, etc;
- Perform database health monitoring and diagnostics;
- Implement monitoring, auditing, and alert systems for SQL databases;
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with SQL;
- Design, implement, maintain and automate the appropriate backup and recovery architecture required;
- Architect, design, implement and maintain site-to-site data replication;
- Work with various teams for performance tuning and optimization, query optimization, index tuning, caching, buffer tuning, etc.
- Perform capacity planning exercises to properly identify required hardware, software, database configuration/architecture necessary to support application needs\;
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- University or College degree in IT Related field;
- A minimum of 7 years in IT Database Administration;
- Cloud Computing experience with Microsoft Azure;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude;
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within accepted practices;
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Excellence, Integrity, Service and Teamwork;
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values.
- Position requires Level II Clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
Top Aces supports employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.