Job title : Controller
Work Location: Hermannsburg and remotely (GERMANY)
Reports to: Senior Program Manager Germany
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for preparing various financial reports, performing detailed costs analysis, and improving accounting processes within the company.
Monthly Budgeting & Finance Activities
- Prepare and provide input to managers and executives on annual budget and forecasts;
- Lead the monthly and annual accounting closing activities and reporting to parent company;
- Participate in the regular cost review meetings to update managers and executives on trends, opportunities and needs;
- Support managers on the financial aspects of decisions.
Financial Analysis & Compliance
- Analyze and interpret operating results and recommend actions to improve financial performance;
- Analyze and communicate financial and non-financial performance on a continuing basis;
- Ensure the integrity and accurate valuation of the company’s assets;
- Prepare and analyze the balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis;
- Participate in the preparation of files for Germany branch and collaborate to the audits (external and tax);
- Prepare and file VAT returns and responsible for the compilation of all information required for tax returns and coordinate the filling of them;
- Responsible for the conversion of accounting guidelines in order to compliant for tax purposes;
- Maintain strong financial control environment following corporate policies & procedures;
- Identify control weaknesses and implement new controls/procedures where required.
- Generate or quantify cost savings opportunities and support the manager and executive team in the implementation cost reduction initiatives;
- Participate in project analysis and implementations;
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor;
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree Commerce, specialized in Accounting;
- Professional Accounting Designation preferred;
- Knowledge of IFRS;
- 6 to 10 years of experience;
- Demonstrated success with process improvement and integration;
- Very good knowledge of MS-Office (Excel and Word);
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of Tagetik (reporting application) and Ramco would be considered as assets;
- Strong written and oral communications.
Applications can be sent directly to: Tim.Sosnizka@topaces.com