Job title: Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Work Location: Cold Lake
Reports to: Base Lead (YOD)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is employed as an Airframe, Avionics or Structural Technician will have the ability to use the correct tools, methods, techniques, and equipment required to perform aircraft maintenance.
The AMT is a working member of a crew, and reports to an ACA, Crew Chief or associated Lead. His/her responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performing work in accordance with the Work Performed policy of this manual and any specialized work for which suitably trained and authorized;
- Identifying and ordering parts;
- Performing required computer entries and functions;
- Signing for the performance of their work;
- complying with company policies, procedures, and standards;
- Maintaining their personal records;
- Ensuring any issues that could jeopardize production or airworthiness are raised in a timely manner;
- Ensuring airworthiness and safety policies, processes and standards are complied with; and
- Ensuring a safe and tidy workplace.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Transport Canada Accepted Aircraft Maintenance Training course or an Accredited Course;
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Experience on a commercial or military aircraft, an asset;
- Able to work on complex assignments requiring considerable judgment, initiative and technical/specialized knowledge;
- Able to problem solve and troubleshoot;
- Able to communicate in English and French;
- Demonstrates strong and visible support of our values;
- Experience in Line Maintenance in a fast-paced environment is preferred;
- Ability to perform all work in support of our Corporate Values of Excellence, Service, Integrity … Together.
- Position requires Level II Clearance with the Canadian Government and the ability to gain access to the Canadian Controlled Goods Program.
Top Aces supports employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.